An Important Message on COVID-19
Dear Valued Clients,
Thank you for choosing Waters Edge and putting your trust in us! We recognize that COVID-19 has encouraged all of us to be more mindful as we carry on throughout our day and we have implemented necessary changes to our daily routines. Our “Living with COVID-19” action plan was developed with the guidance of governing health & safety authorities to keep you safe. Rest assured, we will be monitoring these new procedures daily and adjust them as needed to ensure the safety of all at Waters Edge!
Your suite is a fully self-contained condo with your own kitchen and private entrance, perfect for physical distancing. We will be minimizing physical interaction and limiting people allowed in the reception building at one time. Our Welcoming Reception Team is available seven days a week from 9am to 9pm for any assistance you may need.
Additional Safety Measures:
Increased Sanitization Process:
- We are reinforcing recommendations provided by the appropriate health and safety requirements throughout our operations.
- Strict and thorough cleaning and sanitization of all touch-points including all surfaces in common areas, public washrooms, team work stations, payment machines, guest rooms, public areas, in-room amenities and all other guest facing components.
- Hand sanitizing stations are set up in common areas.
- We have removed items not easily disinfected… books, games, vending machines etc.
On-Site Safety Requirements:
- IMPORTANT: Only one person from group/family in or at reception.
- Report new symptoms immediately to Reception by phone and self isolate in your suite.
- Signage is displayed throughout the business to highlight proper hand washing and other best practices including social distancing.
- All staff and guests from different households are required to practice safe social distancing by keeping a minimum of 6-foot distance between one another at all times.
- Common areas with limited space require one guest to pass before another can safely proceed, everyone must follow directional signage on common stairs and outdoor corridors.
- All staff are required to wear appropriate PPE and practice frequent hand washing in between.
- View these documents highlighting our New 2020 Procedures:
Our team is committed to achieving the highest standards of hygiene and sanitization so you can have peace of mind during your stay, and we would like to assure you that your safety and enjoyment are our first priority. If you have any concerns, please do not hesitate to contact us directly at 1-877-PEACEFUL or by email at [email protected]
We look forward to welcoming you to your peaceful escape at Waters Edge Shoreside Suites!
Take care and stay safe,
Your Waters Edge Team
New 2020 Check-In & Check-Out Process
We have revised our check in and check out processes to allow for physical distancing and keep everyone safe.
Prior To Arrival
- All guests will be sent a confirmation email outlining our new processes and other pertinent information.
- You will be contacted 2 days prior to arrival for our pre check in process.
- For anyone who may be under the weather, displaying any symptoms of a cold, flu, and especially COVID-19, or suffering from severe allergies, we kindly ask that you respect the other members of our community and team members by refraining from joining us until you no longer show any signs of sickness. We will gladly waive all late cancellation penalties and welcome you after you are well.
All guest service agents will greet you from a distance and will be wearing appropriate PPE for your protection. All documents will be processed and sent to guests electronically.
IMPORTANT: Only one person from group/family in or at Check In Welcome Reception.
- CHECK IN HOURS: Check in is 4:00 PM – 8:00 PM. Please call ahead if you will be arriving outside these hours.
- HOW TO CHECK IN: When you arrive at our reception please remember the 2M rule; use social-distancing and other personal safety procedures including to always use the hand sanitizer. There will be someone in the reception office and the doors will be locked to ensure limited safe contact for everyone.
- HOW TO GET ROOM KEYS: Reception will be limiting entry to 2 guests – one per booking. Present your Photo ID and Credit Card for verification; we will provide sanitized keys, process your payment & email your receipt, then guide you safely to your suite.
- PARKING: We will direct you to the complimentary parking spot near your suite. If you require additional complimentary “guest parking” please let us know the other guest license plate number and we will direct you to additional parking locations.
- NO SHOES IN SUITES: Due to Covid19 extensive post stay cleaning, please remove your shoes never wear into the suite, and leave at the doorway entrance. This will keep toddlers safe from contaminants you may be carrying on your shoes. $350 fine for shoes on carpets.
For your convenience, in person check-out will not be required at this time. Please place your keys in the Drop Box located outside Reception by 11:00am
Other Pertinent Information
- Registered guests only please.
- Pet towels and additional amenities are available as needed by request and will be delivered to your room sanitized and without physical contact by our team members. Daily housekeeping services are temporarily suspended.
- All payments will be processed through credit card only as debit and cash will not be accepted at this time.
- Guest Services office hours will be from 9:00 AM – 8:00 PM daily. Please call from your room by dialing “0” or call the hotel at 1-250-726-2672 for assistance.
- Luggage assistance, daily housekeeping and BBQ’s are not available at this time.
- No onsite shared BBQ at this time.
Contact outside of Office Hours
- In case of emergency outside of regular office hours, do not hesitate to call the front desk by dialing 0 from your room or call 1-250-873-7580. Please do not come to the front office, as we will gladly bring the items to you.
NEW 2020 Housekeeping Procedures
In an effort to maintain the highest level of sanitization on site, both inside and outside your room, we hope the following outline will provide you with the confidence and peace of mind when choosing to stay at Waters Edge.
- All cleaning products and enzymatic cleaners used at Waters Edge are top of the line and are the best available products to kill viruses and bacteria on any surface.
- Once a room has been occupied, the room will be fully open aired and ventilated before cleaning and before another guest would stay within that same room.
- All guest-facing surfaces and all materials within your room and in common areas will be cleaned to the highest standards according to the recommendations by our governing health authorities.
- New cloths and cleaners will be used for each guest room and for each type of surface.
- All rooms have received an additional deep clean prior to reopening to ensure all areas are sanitized and contaminants have been removed.
- All components, surfaces, in-room elements, linens, towels, robes, décor accents, furniture, floors, remotes, electronics, tables, hangers, luggage racks and all other amenities will have been sanitized to ensure your safety.
- All unused linens and amenities as normal, will be removed from the room and cleaned and disinfected.
- All dishware and silverware have been sterilized and washed with the dishwasher.
- After all guests have departed, we recycle and properly dispose of all coffees, teas, sugars and creams in between guests to ensure no items remain in the room from a previous guests stay that cannot be properly sanitized.
- Our team will not touch guests’ personal effects, such as luggage or clothing, and will have zero physical contact with guests’ rooms during your stay.
- Guests who require additional items or amenities will be required to call the guest services and we will have the items delivered to your room and placed outside the door to ensure physical distancing. Just contact the front desk by dial 0 or calling 250-726-2672 and we will gladly delivery them to you.
- Appropriate ‘Personal Protective Equipment’ will be worn by all staff during the entirety of the cleaning process to ensure no cross contamination. We will follow all BC Health guidelines.
- Linens, towels and amenities will be stored in a safe and clean environment to ensure no contamination from other sources such as other guests or untrained staff.
- HEPA filter vacuums are in use throughout resort.
- IMPORTANT: Guests will be required to load and start dishwasher with all used or touched dishware before checking out. , strip all bedding and linens, place in a safety ‘Rubbermaid’ style large container with lid, and leave outside entrance door upon checking out.
Code of Conduct
Each group must be from one household unit or as outlined by Provincial Health Officer for British Columbia, Dr Bonnie Henry.
Households are defined as those people that live in one home and have maintained social distancing during the Covid-19 outbreak.
Wash hands for at least 20 seconds in warm water and soap every time you enter or exit your unit.
You and your party must always maintain 2-meter separation from anyone else at the Resort, while on the beaches and in town.
Cough into your elbow or cover your mouth and nose with a disposable tissue when you sneeze. Immediately dispose all used tissue in an appropriate waste bin and wash your hands right away.
Look for and obey all directional signage on paths, stairways, corridors and in local businesses.
Do not wear street shoes inside suites, leave just inside front door.
Dishes & Cookware
Wash all USED or TOUCHED dishes and cookware with the provided dishwashing soap before checking out.
Be Kind and Supportive
Be kind and supportive – Remember we are all in this together!
There may be people at the resort that are self-isolating. It is imperative that they not come into contact with anyone at the Resort. These guests will display a sign on their unit supplied by us indicating they are self-quarantining.
There may be some guests that are required to self-quarantine for 14 days pursuant to the Quarantine Act. These guests will display a sign on their unit indicating that they are in quarantine and must not come into contact with anyone at the Resort.
Households groups must maintain 2-meter social distancing from other Household groups. No gatherings of more than 6 people in a unit are allowed at anytime.
Parental Supervision of Children
Parents must ensure that their children maintain a 2-meter separation at all times from other children/people from other parties during your stay.
Returning from Outings
If you leave the Resort for any reason, everyone in the group must wash their hands with warm water and soap (or disinfectant) for at least 20 seconds.
*Please consider washing your grocery and beverage packaging followed by 20 seconds of handwashing.
If you come across someone not maintaining the 2-meter social distancing requirement, please remember that they may be in one household group.
If someone infringes on your 2-meter distance, kindly remind them of the 2-meter rule.
Please de-escalate any confrontational situations and if needed report the situation to the office via email or phone.
Thank you and enjoy your visit!